If you’ve been looking for a scrumptious and easy homemade donut recipe you’re in the right spot! These Vegan Soft-Baked Apple Cinnamon Donuts are super soft, moist, and can be ready in just 20-minutes. They are 100% plant-based and warning… 100% addictive!
You’ll love this vegan apple cinnamon donut recipe because it’s quick and very easy to make! It doesn’t require a whole lot of ingredients and there are only a few simple steps.
Ingredients You Will Need:
You only need 10 ingredients to make these donuts and 2 more for the (optional) glaze!
This vegan donut recipe is made without yeast. It’s a simple batter, similar to cake. The apple flavour comes from the sweetened apple sauce, which also acts as a great egg re-placement.
This easy vegan donut recipe can be ready in just 20-minutes and only requires a few steps!
1. Sift your dry ingredients into a medium-sized bowl
2. Add in the wet ingredients. Mix until well combined.
3. Spray a donut pan with a non-stick cooking spray
4. Transfer your batter to your donut pan. Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes.
5. Let cool for approximately 10-15 minutes then add whatever toppings you want!
Best Practices For Using A Donut Pan
Here are the best troubleshooting tips on how to use a donut pan properly so your donuts come out perfectly!
- Use a non-stick cooking spray even if your pan is non-stick to ensure your donuts slip out easily.
- Don’t go over board with the cooking spray, a light coat will do
- Fill the donut pan right to the top, leaving about a quarter inch of space – so they’ll come out fluffy & plump!
- Make sure your donut pan is washed and clean before using
What Applesauce Should I Use?
I have tried this recipe with both unsweetened and sweetened applesauce. I prefer the latter, but if you don’t have a big sweet tooth opt for the unsweetened version.
If you want a more prominent apple flavour try adding some chunky apple purée or a small amount of chopped apple bits. Let us know in the comments how it goes!
Tips For Making This Recipe Perfectly:
- Don’t over-mix the batter. This will result in more dense donuts
- Let your donuts cool completely before adding any glaze or topping
- Use a toothpick to check that your donuts have cooked all the way through
- Make sure to coat your donut pan with non-stick cooking spray; a light coat is all you need
More Autumn Themed Sweets:
- Soft Baked Vegan Pumpkin Donuts
- Vegan Pumpkin Sugar Cookies
- French Vanilla Hazelnut Coffee-Flavoured Waffles
- Fudgy Maple Pumpkin Brownies
Vegan Soft-Baked Apple Cinnamon Donuts
- donut pan
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup plant milk
- ⅔ cup apple sauce
- 4 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 2-3 tsp plant milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Sift your dry ingredients into a medium-sized bowl
- Add in your wet ingredients
- Mix with a whisk until there are no clumps. Don't over mix
- Spray a donut pan with non-stick cooking spray
- Transfer your batter into the pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes on the middle rack
- Let the donuts cool completely. Mix together the glaze ingredients. Dip the donuts in the glaze and top with crushed walnuts.
- If you don’t want to add the glaze you can mix 2 tsp cinnamon with 1/2 cup sugar. Lightly coat the donut in coconut oil and then dip in the cinnamon sugar mixture
If you try this recipe make sure to leave a comment/rating below, and tag me on Instagram at @christa.maria with the hashtag #DishingUpPlants!
Be sure to also follow along on Pinterest and Facebook for more deliciousness!
These Vegan Soft-Baked Apple Cinnamon Donuts were so easy to make and even easier to eat! These are perfect for fall!
Yay glad you loved them Emily! They are definitely perfect for Fall 🙂
Andrea White says
These donuts are absolutely incredible! The family absolutely loved them!
So happy to hear that Andrea! <3
You can’t go wrong with these baked apple cinnamon donuts! So much easier to make homemade donuts than I thought!
Right! They’re almost too easy to make haha!
These vegan apple cinnamon donuts are so fun to make and taste amazing! I love that it’s baked and healthier for you.
Kayla DiMaggio says
These vegan apple donuts are so delicious! They have all the best Fall flavors and I love everything about them!
These donuts look delicious. Absolutely lovely. Flavors are seasonal and yummy. I can’t wait to make them.
Thanks Natalie! Tag me on Instagram if you make them, I’d love to see how yours turn out 🙂