If you’ve been looking for a scrumptious and easy homemade donut recipe you’re in the right spot! These Vegan Soft-Baked Apple Cinnamon Donuts are super soft, moist, and can be ready in just 20-minutes. They are 100% plant-based and warning… 100% addictive!
You’ll love this vegan apple cinnamon donut recipe because it’s quick and very easy to make! It doesn’t require a whole lot of ingredients and there are only a few simple steps.
Ingredients You Will Need:
You only need 10 ingredients to make these donuts and 2 more for the (optional) glaze!
This vegan donut recipe is made without yeast. It’s a simple batter, similar to cake. The apple flavour comes from the sweetened apple sauce, which also acts as a great egg re-placement.
This easy vegan donut recipe can be ready in just 20-minutes and only requires a few steps!
1. Sift your dry ingredients into a medium-sized bowl
2. Add in the wet ingredients. Mix until well combined.
3. Spray a donut pan with a non-stick cooking spray
4. Transfer your batter to your donut pan. Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes.
5. Let cool for approximately 10-15 minutes then add whatever toppings you want!
Best Practices For Using A Donut Pan
Here are the best troubleshooting tips on how to use a donut pan properly so your donuts come out perfectly!
- Use a non-stick cooking spray even if your pan is non-stick to ensure your donuts slip out easily.
- Don’t go over board with the cooking spray, a light coat will do
- Fill the donut pan right to the top, leaving about a quarter inch of space – so they’ll come out fluffy & plump!
- Make sure your donut pan is washed and clean before using
What Applesauce Should I Use?
I have tried this recipe with both unsweetened and sweetened applesauce. I prefer the latter, but if you don’t have a big sweet tooth opt for the unsweetened version.
If you want a more prominent apple flavour try adding some chunky apple purée or a small amount of chopped apple bits. Let us know in the comments how it goes!
Tips For Making This Recipe Perfectly:
- Don’t over-mix the batter. This will result in more dense donuts
- Let your donuts cool completely before adding any glaze or topping
- Use a toothpick to check that your donuts have cooked all the way through
- Make sure to coat your donut pan with non-stick cooking spray; a light coat is all you need
More Autumn Themed Sweets:
- Soft Baked Vegan Pumpkin Donuts
- Vegan Pumpkin Sugar Cookies
- French Vanilla Hazelnut Coffee-Flavoured Waffles
- Fudgy Maple Pumpkin Brownies
Vegan Soft-Baked Apple Cinnamon Donuts
- donut pan
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup plant milk
- ⅔ cup apple sauce
- 4 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 2-3 tsp plant milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Sift your dry ingredients into a medium-sized bowl
- Add in your wet ingredients
- Mix with a whisk until there are no clumps. Don't over mix
- Spray a donut pan with non-stick cooking spray
- Transfer your batter into the pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes on the middle rack
- Let the donuts cool completely. Mix together the glaze ingredients. Dip the donuts in the glaze and top with crushed walnuts.
- If you don’t want to add the glaze you can mix 2 tsp cinnamon with 1/2 cup sugar. Lightly coat the donut in coconut oil and then dip in the cinnamon sugar mixture
If you try this recipe make sure to leave a comment/rating below, and tag me on Instagram at @christa.maria with the hashtag #DishingUpPlants!