Creamy, comforting, and pumpkin-tastic is the three words I would use to describe this Fall recipe.
If you’re looking for an Autumn spin on pasta you’ve come to the right place. Try this recipe on Halloween or during the colder months of Fall!
- 375 g fettuccine
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- parsley to taste
1. Start by cooking your fettuccine pasta (make sure to reserve some of the pasta water for later!).
2. Saute your minced garlic in the vegan butter in a frying pan on medium heat. Then add the pumpkin puree and coconut milk. Stir until combined well.
3. Next add the nutmeg, smoked paprika, and black pepper. Cook for 5-8 minutes.
4. Now you should be able to add in your cooked fettuccine to the sauce. Garnish with parsley as wanted. I also added about 1/4 cup of the reserved pasta water to keep it creamy and smooth.
- To keep the sauce creamy, and not thick, add some of the reserved pasta water