Tofu rice paper rolls with tahini dipping sauce is the perfect simple, wholesome, and tasty lunch recipe for any day of the week and any time of year!
Ingredients You Will Need:
This recipe is made with wholesome plant based ingredients.
Tofu Rice Paper Rolls with Tahini Dipping Sauce recipe only requires 13 ingredients however this recipe is super versatile and you can use whatever veggies, grain, or protein you have on hand. More on this later!
How To Make This Recipe:
1. Chop your veggies
2. Massage the purple cabbage with lemon juice to get rid of the bitter taste
3. Heat the oil and fry the tofu. Adding soy sauce once you flip the tofu over.
4. Combine the tahini dressing ingredients together to make the tahini dipping sauce
5. Cook the vermicelli noodles as per the package instructions
6. Wet the rice paper
7. Assemble and wrap the rolls
8. Cut and enjoy!
Optional Add-Ins and Substitution Ideas:
The beautiful thing about this recipe is how versatile it is. You can make it your own depending on your palette and what you have on hand. Here’s some recommendations:
- Sweet potato
- Mint leaves
- Green onion
- Bell peppers
If you try this recipe please leave a comment and rating below!
More Healthy & Quick Vegan Lunch Ideas:
- Spicy Hummus Pasta
- Nacho Pasta Chips
- Sesame Maple Tofu Noodles
- Ginseng Tofu Ramen
- Spicy Tofu Taco Bowl
- Vegan Ham Sandwich
Tofu Rice Paper Rolls with Tahini Dipping Sauce
- 10 rice paper sheets
- ¾ block firm or extra firm tofu
- 1 tbsp olive or sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 cup vermicelli noodles
- 1 ¾ cup shredded carrots
- 1 ¼ cup chopped cucumber
- ¼ purple cabbage
- 1 lemon
- sesame seeds
Tahini Dipping Sauce
- 2 ½ tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sriracha
- Chop the cucumber into long skinny rectangles and shred the purple cabbage
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon over your purple cabbage and massage it to take away the bitter taste
- Cut the tofu into long skinny rectangles. Heat the oil in a frying pan and sauté the tofu on medium-heat for about 4-6 minutes or until crispy. Flip the tofu over and add the 1 tbsp of soy sauce to the pan. Let cook for another approximate 5 minutes or until crispy.
- Cook your vermicelli noodles as per the box instructions.
- Combine the tahini dipping sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix together (or use a food processor if you find there are clumps)
- Next, fill a shallow bowl with water and immerse your rice paper in it. Hold it there for approximately 15-20 seconds. (The rice paper should still feel slightly hard but it will continue to soften as we assemble the ingredients)
- Lay the damp rice paper on a flat surface. Fill with your veggies, noodles, and tofu.
- By now the rice paper should be soft and you can fold your roll, similar to a burrito. Repeat this process for each rice paper roll.
- After you have assembled all of your rice paper rolls you can cut them in half and plate with your tahini dressing. Enjoy!
If you try this recipe make sure to leave a comment/rating below, and tag me on Instagram at @christa.maria with the hashtag #DishingUpPlants!