A vegan ramen recipe? Yes! It’s possible – and it’s delicious!
This ramen bowl is the perfect combo of sweet, salty, and spicy. Don’t let the number of ingredients fool you, this ramen recipe is super easy to make!
What is Ginseng?
Ginseng is a herbal supplement that comes from the root of plants.
It is commonly enjoyed for its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Moreover, ginseng is a great immune booster! Research conducted from several studies shows that consuming ginseng can decrease infectious diseases such as colds.
You can enjoy ginseng by taking it orally or use it in recipes such as lattes, smoothies, dressings, or vegan tofu ramen!
Vegan RameN Would Be Incomplete Without Tofu!
Over the last few years tofu has become one of my favourite foods. I love the texture and it’s ability to take on the taste of whatever spices and dressings you add to it!
I always suggest (especially for first time tofu eaters) to purchase and cook with Firm Tofu!
It’s easy to cook with, but here’s a tip for any first-timers:
- Press the tofu by covering it in paper towels and placing something heavy on top of it. This allows the water to soak out and thereby the tofu can soak up more of the delicious flavouring you add to it!
If You Don’t Like Spice…
This vegan ramen recipe does have a kick of spice. But don’t fret if spice isn’t your thing! Simply omit the red pepper flakes and add 1 tsp of sriracha instead of 1 tbsp. I gotchu 😉
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on the blog please let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below!
An Alternative Way to Make This Recipe
You can also make this recipe as a bowl instead of a soup if you’d like, it’s quite easy!
All you will want to do is omit the vegetable stock. I then recommend pouring the “broth” mixture over the noodles and mix it together. Then add any extra on your veggies and tofu!
The photos below are an example of this recipe made as a bowl instead of a soup!
More Recipes You Might Like
Tofu Ginseng Ramen
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- 1/2 block firm tofu
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp ginseng equivalent to 4 drops (1ml)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp minced ginger optional
- olive oil to cook or whatever you prefer
- ramen noodles 1 packet
- mushrooms steamed
- bok choy steamed
- sesame seeds
- Combine the broth ingredients minus the vegetable stock in a bowl and set aside
- Combine the tofu ingredients in another bowl.
- Fry the tofu in a little bit of olive oil. When you are ready to flip add the tofu mixture and let cook on the other side
- Cook the ramen
- Add the vegetable stock in a saucepan to heat up
- Add everything together in a bowl
- I photographed this recipe in a very large shallow bowl so it doesn’t look very soupy but it is!
- If you would rather this recipe be more of a bowl instead of a soup omit the vegetable stock
If you tried this recipe make sure to leave a comment/rating below! I would love to hear your thoughts!
And tag @christa.maria on Instagram! xo