If you’re looking for warm, soft-baked Italian Almond Cookies look no further! These cookies taste delicious, crumble perfectly in your mouth, and did I mention – they’re vegan!!
These little cookies might not look like much but I swear they taste like heaven on a plate!
Yields approx. 21 cookies
• All-Purpose Flour (2 cups)
• Vegan butter (1 cup)
• Powdered Sugar (1/2 cup & more to coat)
• Almond Flour (1 cup)
• Vanilla Extract (1 tsp)
• Orange Zest (from one large orange)
• Salt (1/2 tsp)
1. Cream together the butter and powdered sugar in a medium sized bowl
2. Next, add the all-purpose flour, almond flour, vanilla extract, orange zest, and salt. Mix well until a dough is formed.
3. Form the dough into small balls (roughly 1.5 inch). At this point, also preheat the oven to 350 F
4. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and bake the cookies for roughly 15-20 minutes (check after 13-15 minutes though).
5. Let cool slightly. Then, while still warm, roll the cookies in more powdered sugar. Enjoy!
• If you don’t have orange, you can use lemon – or both!