This recipe is sure to become a dinner staple after just one time making this cozy and hearty vegan chicken noodle soup (with soy curls) recipe for yourself!
What Do You Need To Make Vegan Chicken Noodle Soup?
Their isn’t much ingredients needed to make vegan chicken noodle soup, but you will need a handful of spices in order to match that classic chicken soup flavour:
- pasta noodle, of choice
- olive oil
- soy curls
- veggie/vegan chicken broth (i used this)
- vegan chicken seasoning
- nutritional yeast
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- black pepper
Why Soy Curls?
Soy curls make the perfect plant-based chicken alternative for vegan chicken noodle soup. They are simple and easy to cook with and perfectly take on any flavour.
The texture and shape of soy curls also makes it perfect for chicken noodle soup. It will make you feel like you are eating classic chicken noodle soup like you did as a kid.
If you try this recipe let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment and rating below!
More Recipes You Might Like:
- Pesto Pasta with Greens Powder
- 15-Minute Spicy Hummus Pasta
- Sesame Maple Tofu Noodles
- Vegan Pumpkin Fettuccine
Vegan Chicken Noodle Soup with Soy Curls
- 10 cups water
- 4 cups pasta of choice
- 5 ½ tbsp vegan chicken broth
- 1 large carrot
- fresh thyme optional
- fresh parsley optional
Vegan Chicken Ingredients
- 2 cups soy curls
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1-2 tsp vegan chicken seasoning
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ⅛ tsp cumin
- ⅛ tsp fresh thyme
- ⅛ tsp basil
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- In a medium-sized pot add the 10 cups of water and 5 tbsp of Boon Broth, whisk until well combined.
- Next, thinly slice the carrot, and then add the carrots and a few sprigs of fresh thyme to the pot.
- Turn on your stove to high-medium heat and cook the broth until the carrots are soft (this should take about 15 minutes).
- Next, place your soy curls in a bowl of water to rehydrate them. This should take 10 minutes. When done, remove from the water.
- To a medium-sized frying pan add 2 tbsp of olive oil and all of the vegan chicken spices. Toss in the soy curls, and cook for approx 6-8 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook the 4 cups of pasta following the instructions on the box. This should take about 7-10 minutes.
- Once the pasta is done cooking, drain the water & add the noodles to the soup broth
- At this time everything should be done cooking. Remove everything from the stove.
- To serve, scoop 1 ½ – 2 cups of soup into a bowl, add some of the soy curl chicken strips on top, and garnish with fresh thyme and parsley. Enjoy!
If you tried this recipe make sure to leave a comment + rating below! I would love to hear your thoughts!
And tag @christa.maria on Instagram and use the hashtag #DishingUpPlants!