It took me until I was 20-years-old to discover the wonders of granola. Over the past year, it has easily become one of my breakfast staples.
I love granola because it is so versatile and never gets boring! There are so many different sweeteners, and nuts, and seeds, and fruit (the list could really go on forever) you can surely just throw together a granola recipe out of whatever items you have in your pantry.
However, today I am going to share with you all my absolute favourite vegan granola recipe. It is sugar-free and yet still very sweet and tasty! It can easily be turned gluten-free as well, by using gluten-free oats.
SUGAR-FREE GRANOLA RECIPE
You only need a few simple ingredients to make this sweet sugar-free granola recipe.
• 2 cups oats *
• 1 cup nuts (I used walnuts + cashews)
• 1/2 cup maple syrup
• 3 tbsp coconut oil
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 1/4 cup hemp seeds
• 1/4 cup vegan choc chips *
To ensure this recipe is sugar-free, you have to make sure your chocolate chips are sugar-free. If you can’t find vegan sugar-free milk chocolate chips, you can opt for dark chocolate or cacao nibs (or simply omit the choc chips altogether).
If you would like to make this recipe gluten-free, omit the oats for gluten-free oats instead.
Lastly, you can use whichever nut you enjoy most, or have on hand. However, I personally love cashews the most for this recipe.
1. First, combine the oats, nuts, maple syrup, coconut oil, and cinnamon into a bowl and mix together.
2. Next, transfer the oat mix to a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Spread the mixture out evenly and bake at 350°F for approximately 20 minutes.
3. When the oats are done baking, take them out of the oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips and hemp seeds on top. Let everything cool slightly before you enjoy your delicious granola!
Save this recipe:
If you try this sugar-free granola recipe please tag me in your re-creations on Instagram so I can share it! Or leave a comment below telling me how you liked it! I would love to hear your feedback and thoughts!
Looking for another healthy, yet delicious treat? Check out my Almond Bliss Ball recipe! If you like this recipe, I know you will enjoy that one too! xoxo