This Sesame Maple Tofu Noodle recipe is delicious, sweet, comforting, and makes the perfect quick lunch or dinner! It’s made with only 9 ingredients and can be modified with any veggies you have on hand.
You’ll love this recipe because it’s easy to whip up in about 15-20 minutes and made with minimal ingredients.
This recipe is vegan and can be made gluten free.
Ingredients You Will Need:
This recipe is super easy-to-follow and only requires nine ingredients.
This recipe is very versatile (keep scrolling for variation recommendations). If you want to add different veggies or protein you totally can.
How To Make Sesame Maple Tofu Noodles:
- Cook your ramen noodles
- Press, cut, and fry the tofu
- Mix together the sauce ingredients
- Combine everything together
- Garnish with green onion & sesame seeds
Variations To This Recipe:
- If you don’t have sesame seed oil try swapping it for something else you do have on hand. For the sauce I’d recommend avocado oil & olive oil for frying the tofu
- Any noodles will work for this recipe. I used millet & brown rice noodles which is gluten-free
- Make this recipe even more flavourful by adding minced ginger to the sauce
- This recipe can be easily modified, so add whatever veggies you like. Sautéd mushrooms would be awesome!
Tips To Make This Recipe Perfect:
- Don’t overcook the ramen noodles. They will cook slightly more when you add them to the frying pan after
- Use toasted sesame seeds if you can, they add an extra boost of flavour!
- If your sauce is too sweet for your liking add a little more soy sauce, alternatively if your sauce is too salty add a little more maple syrup
If you try this recipe please leave a comment and rating below! I love reading your feedback!
More Lunch & Dinner Inspiration:
- Tofu Ginseng Ramen
- Spicy Tofu Taco Bowl
- Nacho Pasta Chips
- Gluten Free Lentil Meatballs
- Vegan KFC-Style Fried Chicken
Sesame Maple Tofu Noodles
- 5 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp soy suce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- pinch green onion
- 2 packets ramen noodles
- 1 block firm tofu
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 3 tsp sesame oil
- sesame seeds to garnish
- green onion to garnish
- Boil water and cook the ramen noodles as per instructions on the box
- Press and cut your tofu into cubes. Add 3 tsp of sesame oil to a frying pan. Cook the tofu one side for approximately 5-8 minutes on medium heat.
- In the meantime, mix together the sauce ingredients in a small dish
- When the tofu is crispy, flip each cube over for the other side to cook. At this point, pour your sauce mixture into the frying pan. Cook for another 4-7 minutes.
- Once the tofu is cooked on the opposite side flip it over one last time for about 1-2 minutes.
- Toss the cooked ramen noodles and two 2 handfuls of spinach into the frying pan. Mix until the spinach is slightly wilted.
- Plate and garnish with finely chopped green onion and sesame seeds. Enjoy!
Did you try this recipe? Leave a comment + rating below, I love hearing your feedback! And please tag me on Instagram at @christa.maria and used the hashtag #DishingUpPlants!