This healthier take on pesto sauce makes for a delicious AND nourishing pasta dish! This pesto pasta with greens powder incorporated all the ingredients you’ll know and love in a regular pesto dish but with the added nutritional value of Alkaline Greens. This recipe is vegan, oil-free, and can be made gluten-free!
Why Add Greens Powder to Pesto Sauce?
- added nutritional boost
- increase energy
- strengthen your immune system
- reduces fatigue
- supports heart & liver health
Make This Recipe in 15 Minutes!
To make the pesto sauce, all you need is a blender. Chuck all the ingredients in, blend, and have delicious pesto pasta sauce in no time! In the meantime, cook your desired pasta noodles which on average should take 8 minutes.
How Else to Use The Pesto Sauce?
Pesto sauce is highly versatile! You don’t just have to add it to pasta. Here are some other ideas:
- spread it on toast
- mix it into a soup
- use as a buddha bowl dressing
- add it to a sandwich
More Dinner Recipes You May Like:
- 15-Minute Spicy Hummus Pasta
- 20-Minute Gluten Free Lentil Meatballs
- Sesame Maple Tofu Noodles
- Tofu Rice Paper Rolls with Tahini Dressing
Pesto Pasta with Greens Powder
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1-3 cloves garlic
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp Alkaline Greens Powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- juice from 1-2 lemons
- Boil your pasta water and cook pasta according to instructions on box
- Blend the pesto ingredients in a high speed blender or food processor
- Add the pesto sauce to the pasta noodles
- Garnish with fresh basil and red pepper flakes
If you tried this recipe make sure to leave a comment + rating below! I would love to hear your thoughts!
And tag me @christa.maria on Instagram and use the hashtag #DishingUpPlants!
Leave a Reply