A Mexican-inspired twist on the pasta chips TikTok trend! You’ll love these vegan pasta chips because they’re flavourful and easy to make.
WHAT ARE PASTA CHIPS?
Pasta Chips is one of the latest food trends on TikTok where you turn al dente pasta noodles into crispy chips.
You do this by baking your pasta noodles in the oven or air fryer. Then you typically enjoy them with a side dip or sauce.
HOW TO MAKE PASTA CHIPS
1. Cook pasta noodles until they are al dente.
2. Transfer to a bowl and mix in olive oil and spices.
3. Cook until they become crispy either in the air fryer or oven (I used the oven so I transfered the noodles to a baking tray with parchmnet paper)
4. Take out of the oven when they are nice and crispy!
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED
Making vegan pasta chips are incredibly easy & you only need a few extra ingredients to make the nacho platter.
Lasagna Noodles – In order to make our lasagna nachos!
Oil & Spices – what we will coat the lasagna noodles with to give them flavour
Vegan Taco Meat – Yves Mexican is my favourite! Alternatively, you can make your own
Nacho Toppings – Use whatever you want! I went with green peppers, diced tomatoes, black olives, onion, and green onion
If you try this recipe let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment and rating below!
AIR FRYER OR OVEN?
You can use either for this vegan nacho pasta chip recipe.
Air Fryer: If you cook a small mount (or don’t mind cooking in batches) the air fryer will do. The air fryer will also cook your noodles faster.
Oven: If you plan to cook a lot of pasta noodles (like I did) baking them in the oven will be faster and more convenient.
MORE RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
Vegan Nacho Pasta Chips
- 8 lasagna noodles
- 340 g vegan taco meat 1 package
- ½ green pepper diced
- ½ onion diced
- black olives 1 can
- chopped green onion
- chopped tomatoes
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- cashew sour cream
- Boil water and cook pasta according to package in lightly salted water. You can also add about 1 tbsp of olive oil to make sure the noodles don't stick.
- Drain the noodles and transfer to a bowl with cold water. Cut the lasagna strips into squares (4 squares per strip). Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Toss the lasagna squares into a bowl with the spices and olive oil. Combine with hands until evenly coated.
- Transfer to a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Bake at 375 ° F for about 20-25 minutes (or air fry for about 12-15 minutes).
- In the meantime, prepare your nacho toppings and cook the vegan taco meat according to the package.
- Assemble your plate by first laying down a layer of the lasagna chips. Then top with the taco meat, onions, tomatoes, black olives, green peppers, green onion, and cashew sour cream. Last but not least top with the cashew sour cream!
- You can enjoy the lasagna noodles straight out of the oven. However I did find after one day they were even better as they really hardened up like chips!