These bars are the perfect breakfast on the go or midday picker-upper snack! This is because these bars are sure to give you a boost of energy, fill you up, and of course, they taste delicious.
They are packed with whole food ingredients and MegaFood Daily C-Protect Powder which provides your body with the nourishments it needs to support your natural immune system!
Yields 10 large bars or 20 small bars
- 1 cup Walnuts
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 20 medjool dates
- 2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 scoop Daily C-Protect Powder
- zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 cup vegan semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- Coconut flakes
1. De-pit the dates (soak only if they are hard) and place in a food processor. Blend until the dates turn into a smooth, sticky consistency.
2. Cut up the walnuts and almonds into small bits. Combine the nuts and dates into a bowl using your hands. Once combined, press the mixture into an oven safe tray lines with parchment paper.
3. Mix together all of the middle ingredients in a bowl. Then place the mixture on top of the base and pat down until it creates an even layer.
4. Bake at 350 F for approximately 10-12 minutes. Watch closely.
5. Once the bars have cooled melt your chocolate chips and then drizzle on top. Next sprinkle on some coconut flakes and if you want, some extra chocolate chips! Enjoy!