Get creative with your breakfast and try this vegan lemon poppyseed pancakes recipe! They’re flavourful, zesty, and super fluffy!
How To Make Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes
It’s easy! To turn any recipe into a “lemon poppyseed” flavour you need three ingredients:
- The juice from a fresh lemon
- The zest from a lemon
Ingredients You Will Need
Flour: I have only tested this recipe with all-purpose flour. If you try making these vegan lemon poppyseed pancakes gluten-free let us know in the comments how it goes!
Non-Dairy Milk: I used almond milk, but feel free to use whatever you want
Maple Syrup: To add some natural sweetness!
Baking Powder: This will help the pancakes rise and become fluffy
Vanilla: To give these pancakes some extra flavour
Salt: A little bit of saltiness to even out the sweetness
Lemon Zest: Helps to give the pancakes a really nice citrus-y flavour
Lemon Juice: You can’t have lemon pancakes without this ingredient!
Poppyseeds: Vegan lemon poppyseed pancakes… need I say more?
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on the blog please let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below!
Elevate Your Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes
Want to get even more creative with this recipe?
Try making this delectable matcha glaze! Get the recipe here.
More Recipes You Might Like
Fluffy Vegan Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp poppyseeds
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- zest of 1 lemon
- ½ juice of a fresh lemon
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup almond milk
- Combine the almond milk, lemon juice, and vanilla in a bowl. Let sit for 3-5 minutes.
- In another bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Incorporate the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Finally, mix in the maple syrup, poppyseeds, and zest of lemon.
- Cook your pancakes on medium heat, coating the pan lightly in cooking spray
If you tried this recipe make sure to leave a comment/rating below! I would love to hear your thoughts!
And tag @christa.maria on Instagram!
Leave a Reply