Looking for a gooey and indulgent dessert? These no-bake, raw vegan Cheesecake Maca Bars are sure to hit the spot!
What is Maca?
Maca Powder comes from a herbaceous plant cultivated in the high Andean mountains of Peru. Its known as a superfood for all of it’s amazing benefits:
- boosts energy
- reduces stress and fatigue
- improves and balances your mood
- may alleviate menopause symptoms
- and more!
Maca Powder is also great to disguise in baked goods because it doesn’t have a strong flavour.
I easily masked the maca powder into the top chocolate layer of these cheesecake maca bars. No one would guess these maca bars hide a nutritious superfood secret!
Ingredients You’ll Need
This base layer of this recipe calls for your “nut of choice” and I would highly recommend walnuts, cashews, or almonds but any would do (even a combination would be great!).
The cheesecake layer calls for cashews and this nut shouldn’t be interchanged with another though. The cashew perfectly blends to create a smooth texture and white colour similar to cheesecake.
If you try this Cheesecake Maca Bars recipe or any other recipe on the blog please let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below!
More Recipes You Might Like
Raw Vegan Maca Cheesecake Bars
- 15 dates
- 2 cups nut of choice I used whole walnuts
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 cups cashews
- ¾ cup coconut cream
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- De-pit the dates and soak them in boiling water for about 10 mins. At this point you also want to boil the cashews for about 20-30 minutes.
- Put your nuts in a food processor and blend until crumbled. Next process the dates.
- In an 8×12 inch pan combine the processed dates, processed nuts, cinnamon, and salt. Pat down to create the first layer of the bars.
- Drain your cashews. Then in a blender, add the cashews, coconut cream, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and lemon juice. Blend until smooth.
- Spread the cheesecake layer on top of the base layer. Place in the freezer to allow the cheesecake layer to slightly harden.
- Melt the chocolate and crisco. Stir in the maca powder.
- Then spread the maca layer over the cheesecake layer (optional, garnish your bars with salt). Place back in the freezer.
- When the maca layer begins to harden cut into squares. Then put it back in the freezer until the maca layer has fully hardened (cutting it otherwise will be a challenge).
- Enjoy these bars throughout the week. Must keep them refrigerated!!
If you tried this recipe make sure to leave a comment/rating below! I would love to hear your thoughts!