Who knew mac n cheese could be delicious and healthy? Oh wait — Vegans did ?
I am usually really lazy when it comes to making vegan mac n cheese. Typically I’ll just add a pre-made vegan cheese spread or shreds to pasta noodles and let it melt. But since we’re in quarantine I wanted to try making a more… eloquent mac n cheese.
Here’s how I did it ??
• 2 large potatoes
• 1/2 cup carrots
• 1/2 cup cashews
• pasta (4 cups — we ain’t messing around!) *
• 1/4 cup almond milk
• 1/3 cup nooch (nutritional yeast)
• 1/2 tbsp garlic salt
• 1 tsp onion powder
• 1/4 tsp paprika
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1 roasted red pepper slice, equivalent to about 1/2 cup
1. Peal and chop the carrots and potatoes. Boil them until they are soft. In the meantime, soak the cashews in boiling water until they are soft as well.
2. Once your potatoes and carrots are done cooking you can transfer them, and all the other ingredients into a blender. Blend until smooth.
3. Cook your pasta according to the package and once it’s ready, mix in your cheese sauce — a lot easier than it looks hey! Enjoy your creamy vegan mac n cheese 🙂
Before making the recipe please read the below notes:
• No roasted pepper? Just do 1 cup carrots instead of 1/2 cup!
• Use already shredded carrots to save on time!
• Use gluten-free pasta * to make this recipe gluten-free!
Would you try this vegan cheesy pasta recipe? ?? (If you do tag me on Instagram!)
Save this recipe:
Leave a Reply