This cashew sour cream dressing is creamy, tangy, and easy to make! Serve with tacos, as a dip for nachos, or a dressing for stuffed sweet potatoes! This cashew cream has endless possibilities!
You’ll love this recipe because it only requires 5 ingredients and is rich in fibre, healthy fats, and plant protein!
Also, this cashew sour cream recipe is vegan, gluten-free and refined sugar free.
How To Make Cashew Sour Cream:
ingredients you will need
The below listed ingredients are simply tossed into a blender with a little bit of water until it becomes a creamy and smooth consistency.
- Lemon Juice
- Apple Cider Vinegar
Tips On Making Cashew Sour Cream
SOAK THE CASHEWS
Before blending the cashews you must soak them. I recommend soaking them for at least 15 minutes in boiling hot water. Overnight will also do, but isn’t necessary. The longer you soak the cashews the smoother your vegan sour cream will come out.
Make sure you store your cashew dressing in the refrigerator, not at room temperature. Cashew sour cream will last up to 7-10 days in the fridge.
ADD MAPLE SYRUP
Once I made this with a super ripe and sour lemon and found it too tangy. If this happens to you just add some pure maple syrup to help sweeten it up
If you try this recipe let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment and rating below! I love to hear your feedback!
Suggestions on How To Enjoy
There’s honestly endless possibilities on how you can enjoy this vegan sour cream dressing. Here are a couple ways I have tried and enjoyed:
• Bowls: It makes a great topper to almost any bowl, my favourite is to pair it with this Spicy Taco Bowl
• Stuffed Potatoes: Try it with potatoes! I love it on these Twice Baked Taco Taters
• Tacos & Nachos: Sour cream is a classic side dip for tacos and nachos! Try it out with my Nacho Pasta Chip recipe
Cashew Sour Cream
- 1 cup cashews soaked
- ¼ cup lemon juice fresh
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp mustard
- ¼ tsp salt
- Soak the cashews for a minimum of 15 minutes
- Combine all the ingredients, minus the water, into a high speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add a few tbsp of water at a time until it becomes a consistency you like (roughly 8-12 tbsp)