These cake mix banana chocolate chip muffins are super easy to make and the perfect recipe to quickly whip up if you’re in a hurry.
Using cake mix cuts the baking time in half making these little muffins perfect to bring to a work party or a family get together. And trust me, everyone will LOVE THEM! They are incredibly tasty, and hard to stop after one.
The secret to making the baking and cleaning process even faster is using silicone baking cups. In this recipe I feature Net Zero Company’s reusable baking cups. You can use the code “christa10” to get your own!
- One box of cake mix *
- 3 flax eggs *
- 3/4 cup mashed banana (about 3 ripe bananas)
- 3/4 cup vegan milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4-1/2 vegan chocolate chips (and more to top)
For the cake mix, make sure the one you have is vegan. For those curious, I used golden cake mix.
To make a flax egg its 1 tbsp flax to 2 tbsp water. So for three flax eggs mix 3 tbsp flax seed with 6 tbsp water. Let sit for 5 min before pouring into your batter.
1. First make your flax eggs and let sit for 3 minutes. Once it’s set mix all of your ingredients together in a medium sized bowl.
2. Pour your muffin batter into muffin liners or reusable silicon baking cups. Add extra chocolate chips on top.
3. Bake at 350 F for 15-18 minutes. Let cool and enjoy.
Save This Recipe For Later
Would you try making cake mix banana chocolate chip muffins? Let me know!