Here’s the perfect quick fix for that sweet craving: Açai Coconut Cream Chocolate Cups!
These bite-sized cups are perfectly creamy on the inside and have a nice chilled chocolate layer on the outside. They might look complicated to make but the recipe is super easy, doesn’t require many ingredients, and there is no baking involved! So what are you waiting for?!
If you’ve never heard of Açai it’s a round berry that comes from Açai palm trees. These berries are nutrient-dense and have very little sugar. They are known as a superfood due to of all of its amazing health benefits.
Yields a dozen
- 3 cups semi-sweet vegan chocolate chips
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp Raw Nutritional açai powder
- ½-¾ cup strawberries
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
1. To make the Açai Cream layer add all the ingredients except the chocolate into a high speed blender. Blend until smooth
2. Melt 1 ½ of the chocolate chips in the microwave for approximately 1 minute and 30 seconds.
3. Line a muffin tray with cupcake liners. Add a layer of the melted chocolate to the bottom of the liners. Place in the freezer for about 5-10 minutes to allow the bottom layer to get hard.
4. Add the Açai Cream mixture on top of the bottom chocolate layer once it’s hard. Put it back in the freezer for another 5-10 minutes. In the meantime, melt your remaining 1 ½ cups of chocolate.
5. Add the last layer of chocolate to create the top layer.
6. Place back in the freezer and wait until the chocolate has become hard. Enjoy!
- You will have about half of the Açai Cream left over, which is great to use on top of pancakes, ice cream, or you can make another batch of these chocolate cups. If you don’t want leftover cream divide the cream measurements in half. Otherwise you can store this for up to 5-7 days in the fridge.
- Must store these cups in the freezer or refrigerator
Save This Recipe for Later
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @christa.maria on Instagram so I can see your re-creation and re-post it to my story!