Have you heard of matcha?
Matcha is a green, finely ground powder of green tea leaves. The product is traditionally consumed in East Asia but within the last few years there has become a huge demand for it in western culture.
Matcha powder has loads of benefits. It’s high in antioxidants, some studies have shown that matcha could prevent liver damage/decrease the risk of liver disease, and Matcha has been shown to improve attention, memory, and reaction time (more benefits here).
I have tried a few different Matcha powder brands and I always come back to Raw Nutritional’s Organic Matcha Tea Powder. I’m obsessed with the flavour and now drink Matcha more than I ever have before.
There are more ways to consume Matcha than just through lattes and teas. Like this Matcha Nice Cream recipe for instance! It’s creamy, sweet, and super quick to make.
- 8 cups of frozen banana (ripe)
- 2 tbsp of Raw Nutritional’s Organic Matcha Powder (‘CHRISTA’ gets you 20% off)
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- In a high speed blender mix the frozen bananas, matcha powder, and maple syrup together.
- Pour nice cream mixture into a pan and place in the freezer.
- Scoop out and enjoy as pleased! (Tastes great with melted vegan chocolate on top!)